| Last meal of 30 day Challenge! Lamb Roast and Spinach w/ currants and pine nuts |
I completed my 30 day paleo challenge without cheating and have to admit, I didn't find it very challenging. As I have mentioned in previous posts, I enjoyed every moment of it. I guess its not surprising that eating good food is enjoyable and yes, I do feel like I am in great health and shape nutrition wise. In fact, I have seen improvement in some chronic health problems I have dealt with for a number of years, which was the whole point in doing this particular challenge. The best thing that came out of the challenge however, is that in 30 days I tried more new foods than I have tried in my entire life, not to mention different methods of preparation. Here's a list off the top of my head:
| Mixed Greens Salad with Asparahus, Persimmon and Grilled Wild Tuna |
- Palm Oil
- Coconut Butter
- Persimmon
- Lamb
- Grouper
- Scallops
- Roasted Bone Marrow
- Fresh Horseradish
- Sauerkraut
- Kombucha
- Bison
- Seaweed
Upon freedom from my 30 days I did not however rush to have a loaf of bread with melted cheese. While I won't be as strict about knowing every ingredient in my food as I have been over the past 30 days, I see no reason to now eat things that I know aren't good for me. I am excited to not have recipes spelled out for me breakfast, lunch and dinner and to start developing my own stock-pile of paleo faves.
NOTE - I did say birthday and no refined sugar in the same paragraph. Don't worry, I ate PLENTY of cake and it was DELICIOUS - it just didn't have any dairy, grains, legumes or refined sugar in it! I didn't even have to make them myself. I have this stigma about birthday cakes because one year, I had to pick up my own cake and it was the moment I realized nobody cares about birthdays once you pass a certain age. It was my 17th birthday and it was the worst birthday I've ever had (lets hope it stays that way!). 25 was looking like it might top it - I was behind on bar review, my grandmother was recovering from surgery, my friends are scattered and I was going to have to make my own dang birthday cake.
| Banana Split Pie |
| German Chocolate Cake |
Yes, I did have to study on my birthday, but I tried to tell myself its okay to get a little behind on your 25th birthday. So, I went to a 90 minute Bikram yoga class (the amount of sweat that occurs during that needs its own entire post), had delicious (yes delicious) salmon at Bonefish grill for lunch and pedicures with my mom. The best gift came in the form of my mom reading my inner thoughts and ratifying them. Specifically, it has been weighing on me that I really want to move up to NYC for an August 1st move in date, rather than waiting to September. Despite travelling in Italy for 10 days in August, it has just been bothering me that I starting the process of getting settled there sooner, rather than later would reduce the stress and make me happier. Quite frankly, I am really tired of being in limbo waiting to get to start my "big girl" life. My mom bringing it up with me instead of vice versa took that giant weight off my shoulders and turned it into an exciting prospect. SO this prequel is just 6 weeks away from the main event!!! Stay tuned for posts about my apartment search!
No comments:
Post a Comment