Friday, March 13, 2015

In the Beginning...

For a little over a year, I have wanted to have a blog and even thought of a clever name - Snels and the City, a play on my last name and Sex and the City. Then, the excuses came. First and foremost, I didn't yet live in NYC or have a job lined up that promised I would be living there in the near future. Second, what if nobody reads it? Worse, what if everyone rolls their eyes at me for having 'blog' like all the other basic bitches' blogs that I have rolled my own eyes at. Of course - lack of time, poor food photography skills, and nothing to say all joined the list. 

While I have not learned to stage food in the best light, I did get a job in NYC, my stepsister promised to read my blog and most importantly I don't care if you're rolling your eyes at me. Don't get me wrong, I hope that someone reads what I have to say and finds it interesting (or at least amusing), but once I realized that I wanted to start a blog for my own satisfaction, I could not wait to get started. 


Maybe you are wondering (as I sometimes do), Who am I? What am I going to write about? Why would anyone want to read what I write? Well, I am a twenty-almost-five year old, finishing up my last year of law school and looking forward to moving to New York to finally join the "real world" at the end of summer. I am obsessed with food, travelling, laughing at the absurdities of the world and the people in it (including myself), and my orange cat Milo. I can't promise what the content of my posts will be, but I can promise you that they will be 100% me - as unglamorous, poorly-lit, unfiltered, embarrassing, triumphant, sarcastic, adventurous, honest, as I may be on any given day. 


So here it is - Snels and the City* - enjoy. . . or don't. 



*Blog will go by the name Snels and the City; The Prequel until I FINALLY get to move to NYC (4.5 months, but who's counting?)


No comments:

Post a Comment